Much ado over a lunch: Pakistan`s online buzz
Islamabad: Asif Ali Zardari`s lunch with Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh evinced sharp responses from online users in Pakistan, with one saying that the president "cannot offer anything" and another stressing that "no one in his/her right mind would think a lunch will solve anything at all".
Zardari began his day-long trip to India by heading straight to the Indian prime minister`s official residence at 7 Race Course Road for the talks followed by a delegation-level lunch.
In a response to an article in the influential Dawn`s online newspaper, moonjely sony wrote: "hey, it’s a personal visit to Ajmer. Lunch can be to-gather with anyone. Zardari cannot offer anything, without his military bosses consent. So enjoy India’s lunch and comeback."
Wrote raika45: "Both the countries could not come to an understanding through all these years, and you expect a lunch date will solve everything. What wishful thinking."
Yet another online user, Rahman, wrote: "No one in his/her right mind would think a lunch will solve anything at all! But, this will certainly would be a goodwill gesture to move forward on formal basis, perhaps soon in near future! Wouldn`t you agree?"
Mohamed Harun, an online user, suggested that "if Pakistan did real trade with India as well as use the Indian Tech Giants to train the tech savvy they would really prosper and the Islamic Radicals would be defeated by prosperity and Non-violence (commerce)".
Agha Ata, however, wondered: "I didn’t know Zardari was spiritual."
He would later fly to Ajmer to offer prayers at the revered dargah of Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti that those who throng it believe has the powers to fulfill the wishes of the faithful.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India