Musharraf `bullied` into supporting US war on terror: ex-General
Islamabad: Pervez Musharraf was "bullied"
into supporting the US in its `war on terror`, claimed
Pakistan`s former Chief of General Staff Shahid Aziz, who also
accused the ex-President of deceiving other army officers and
corps commanders in the decision leading up to the
Aziz said the decision to support America was taken
unilaterally before a crucial corps commanders meeting took
The former Pakistan`s Chief of General staff
underlined that Musharraf was "bullied" into supporting the US
in the war on terror. The corps commanders were reluctant to
support the US, he told Dawn news in an interview.
Aziz said that the corps commanders wanted to remain
neutral in the war against the Taliban instead of actively
Aziz also said that Pakistan`s army intelligence had
informed them about Indian lobbying, calling for attacks on
both Pakistan and Afghanistan.
Musharraf quit as President in August last year to
avoid being impeached. Over the past few months, a slew of
cases and police complaints have been registered against
Musharraf across Pakistan after the Supreme Court declared in
July that the emergency imposed by him was illegal and
Musharraf, who has been living outside Pakistan since
mid-April, has ignored several summons issued by different
courts, including the Supreme Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!