Musharraf terms his meeting with Saudi King a success
Lahore: Former Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf has said that his recent meeting with Saudi King Abdullah was a success.
“I was accorded full protocol during my visit to Saudi Arabia to meet King Abdullah, I deem him as my elder brother and can contact him whenever I want,” a private TV channel quoted Musharraf, as saying.
He said during his visit, he discussed the recent political situation of Pakistan at length with the Saudi king, adding that the king had concerns about the situation in Pakistan.
Talking to the channel, Musharraf said the army operation against the Taliban in Malakand had proven successful.
“The operation was undoubtedly successful. The Pakistan Army has always rendered sacrifices and played a vital role to safeguard the territorial integrity of the country,” he said.
Earlier, the ‘royal’ treatment being given to Musharraf during his Saudi Arabia visit has his opponents worried.
The special treatment has sparked speculations that Riyadh is trying to use its influence to ask the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) to shun its demand for Musharraf’s trial under the Article Six of the Constitution.
Sources said King Abdullah sent his special airplane to London to fetch Musharraf.
Reports regarding Saudi Arabia cracking its whip on the PML-N and other anti-Musharraf parties has probably forced PML-N to come out with clarifications.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview