Musharraf terms his meeting with Saudi King a success
Lahore: Former Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf has said that his recent meeting with Saudi King Abdullah was a success.
“I was accorded full protocol during my visit to Saudi Arabia to meet King Abdullah, I deem him as my elder brother and can contact him whenever I want,” a private TV channel quoted Musharraf, as saying.
He said during his visit, he discussed the recent political situation of Pakistan at length with the Saudi king, adding that the king had concerns about the situation in Pakistan.
Talking to the channel, Musharraf said the army operation against the Taliban in Malakand had proven successful.
“The operation was undoubtedly successful. The Pakistan Army has always rendered sacrifices and played a vital role to safeguard the territorial integrity of the country,” he said.
Earlier, the ‘royal’ treatment being given to Musharraf during his Saudi Arabia visit has his opponents worried.
The special treatment has sparked speculations that Riyadh is trying to use its influence to ask the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) to shun its demand for Musharraf’s trial under the Article Six of the Constitution.
Sources said King Abdullah sent his special airplane to London to fetch Musharraf.
Reports regarding Saudi Arabia cracking its whip on the PML-N and other anti-Musharraf parties has probably forced PML-N to come out with clarifications.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader