Musharraf`s party denies contacting military leadership following detention
Islamabad: Former Pakistani presidentPervez Musharraf`s All Pakistan Muslim League(APML) has clarified that it has not contacted the Army leadership for the `ill-treatment being meted out to the retired general.`
APML`s senior vice-president retired Major General Rashid Qureshi said the party did not want to drag any government institution, including the Army, into the Musharraf case.
He said neither the APML nor the Army had contacted each other on the issue, the Dawn reports.
Qureshi, however, said there were contacts between the two sides at the individual levels.
Qureshi refuted claims by retired General Shahid Aziz that Musharraf had ordered the generals for revolt against the then government in 1999.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what