NATO air strike kills 10 Afghan kids
Kabul: At least 10 children were killed and six women were injured in Afghanistan`s Kunar province in a security operation involving NATO`s aircraft, an official said on Sunday.
It occurred when Afghan forces backed by the NATO-led coalition forces launched cleanup operations against Taliban militants in Shigal district on Saturday morning, reported Xinhua citing district governor Zalmai Khan.
"The operations backed by NATO-led forces aircraft lasted till evening during which 10 children were killed and six women sustained injuries," he said, adding the casualties took place during air raids.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed