Nawaz Sharif dismayed at Indo-Pak escalation on LoC
Lahore: Former premier Nawaz Sharif on Thursday expressed dismay at the deaths of Indian and Pakistani soldiers in clashes along the Line of Control and said both countries should ascertain why such incidents were happening.
"Pakistan and India are perhaps the only two neighbouring countries where their soldiers are being killed at (the border)," he contended.
"Why this is happening? The governments (of both countries) should take notice of it and it should not happen again," he said while addressing the Supreme Court Bar Association here.
Sharif further said more people were being killed in Pakistan than in other countries across the world.
"We should sit together and talk about terrorism, foreign policy and the economy," the PML-N chief suggested.
On the other hand, Information Minister Qamar Zaman Kaira told reporters that the Pakistan army had the right to retaliate if its soldiers are targeted.
"Yes, if there would be an attack on Pakistani soldiers at the LoC, then it is supposed to retaliate," he said while replying to a question from a journalist.
Two Indian soldiers and a Pakistani soldier have died in two separate incidents along the LoC in Jammu and Kashmir since the weekend.
The incidents were among the most serious violations of a ceasefire that was put in place in late 2003.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA