Nawaz Sharif praises role of Pakistani Navy
Karachi: Pakistan`s maritime defence is impregnable and sound policies to counter external and internal threats are producing results, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif said on Saturday.
He assured the Navy that it would be equipped with the latest weaponry and technology to safeguard national frontiers.
Sharif, addressing a passing out parade at the Pakistan Naval Academy here, said, "Sound policies to counter external as well as internal threats are bringing results today."
He said the Navy is a capable force and hoped it would prove its mettle in safeguarding maritime interests.
The recent induction of indigenously made frigates and fast attack craft with surface-to-surface missiles and acquisition of six modified P3C Orion aircraft will significantly add to the combat potential of the force.
Defence Minister Khawaja Asif, Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan and Information Minister Pervaiz Rashid were also present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31