Nepal: Pilot injured after bird hit forces emergency landing
Kathmandu: A pilot was injured when a bird hit forced a small aircraft to make an emergency landing in western Nepal, but a potential air tragedy was averted.
Private airlines` Tara Air`s small plane bound for Nepalgunj from Jumla district made an emergency landing at Surkhet Airport this morning after a bird hit the aircraft.
The pilot of the plane, Abhisek Rai, sustained injuries. But all other passengers were safe.
The bird hit the windshield of the Tara aircraft 9N-SEV at around 11 am, according to airport authorities.
According to officials of the Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal, a potential major crash was averted due to the skill of Captain Prabhakar Ghimire, who succeedd in safely landing the plane.
The from side of the aircraft was slightly damaged in the mishap.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet