Nepal: Pilot injured after bird hit forces emergency landing
Kathmandu: A pilot was injured when a bird hit forced a small aircraft to make an emergency landing in western Nepal, but a potential air tragedy was averted.
Private airlines` Tara Air`s small plane bound for Nepalgunj from Jumla district made an emergency landing at Surkhet Airport this morning after a bird hit the aircraft.
The pilot of the plane, Abhisek Rai, sustained injuries. But all other passengers were safe.
The bird hit the windshield of the Tara aircraft 9N-SEV at around 11 am, according to airport authorities.
According to officials of the Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal, a potential major crash was averted due to the skill of Captain Prabhakar Ghimire, who succeedd in safely landing the plane.
The from side of the aircraft was slightly damaged in the mishap.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!