Nepal police clashes with smuggling Indians
Kathmandu: Security has been stepped up
at the Indo-Nepal border after Nepal Police on Thursday clashed with
some Indians allegedly involved in smuggling of food grains
across the porous frontier near the western Rupendahi
The police had to fire in air after clashes erupted
between the Nepalese security personnel and Indian smugglers
at Karauta in Rupendahi district today, a private television
According to Nepali Image Channel, the clash occurred
after the police tried to stop some Indians involved in
smuggling of food grains in the border area. It alleged that
that a group of Indians also vandalised the police station at
However, there was no causality reported. The
"smugglers" fled from the scene as the police retaliated with
the help from the local people, the report said, adding that
the security in the area has been beefed up to prevent such
incidents in future.
The two neighbours share nearly 1850-km of porous
border which runs along three sides of Nepal.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- Bigg Boss: When Kriti Sanon played Aishwarya Rai’s part to romance Salman Khan
- Media house attacked over derogatory cartoon in Maharashtra