Nepal`s ex king Gyanendra leaves for Europe visit
Kathmandu: Nepal`s former king Gyanendra is headed to Europe for a three-week long private trip during which he is expected to meet political leaders of several countries.
The visit will see him touring several countries, including the UK and France, comes closely after his comments on the return of monarchy in Nepal sparked much outrage in the country.
Gyandra left last evening and will reach France via Doha on a Qatar Airways flight, sources close to the former King said.
All his family members, except his son and former Crown Prince Paras, are accompanying him on the trip. Accompanying him are his wife Komal, daughter-in-law Himani, daughter and grand-children.
Although the purpose behind the trip has been disclosed, he is likely to meet some political leaders during the visit, the sources said.
This will be his first visit to Europe after the abolition of monarchy in May 2008.
The former King had visited India thrice after renouncing the crown.
The former King had recently come under fire from senior leaders of political parties after his remarks that monarchy can stage a come back in Nepal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble