Nepal`s ex-PM Bhattarai resigns from top post in Maoist party
Kathmandu: Former Prime Minister of Nepal Baburam Bhattarai has announced his resignation as the Vice chairman of UCPN-M following a dispute with party supremo Prachanda.
Bhattarai`s resignation yesterday came after differences surfaced between between him and party Chairman Prachanda over appointments of some members in key positions in the party, sources said.
Meanwhile, Prachanda called a high level meeting today with senior leaders of Unified Communist Party of Nepal-Maoist (UCPN-M) in an attempt to settle the intra-party squabble and finalise the appointments.
After his resignation, Bhattarai said that he has sacrificed the Vice Chairman`s post to "build a culture of sacrifice inside the party and promote the new generation".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested