New video shows Mullah Fazlullah alive
Lahore: The Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan’s (TTP) Swat chapter chief Mullah Fazlullah is alive, a new video footage has revealed.
According to reports, a private television channel aired the footage showing Fazlullah addressing his commanders at an undisclosed place.
The footage shows Fazlullah, who was believed to have been killed by security forces near the Afghan border, taking the responsibility for the Timar Garah suicide attack.
The video footage showed Fazlullah limping due to an injury in his leg, which confirms the Taliban’s claims that the terror leader was only hurt and not killed in the military strike, The Daily Times reports.
Fazlullah, who has a five million rupee bounty on his head, is also known as ‘Radio Mullah’ as he used to preach ‘jihad’ and give sermons on an illegal local FM radio channel during the TTP’s parallel rule in the Swat Valley.
The sermons were usually aired at night. Fazlullah used to announce the do’s and don’ts for the people of the region. Names of violators of the Taliban’s stern ‘Islamic sharia’ were also announced on the radio along with the punishment, which often included beheading.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday