‘No Baloch talks possible unless Pak military out’
Islamabad: Baloch leaders have told Tehreek-e-Insaf Pakistan (PTI) chief Imran Khan that no talks on situation of Balochistan would be started unless the military was kicked out of the province and abductions of Baloch people allegedly by the intelligence agencies come to an end.
“Baloch leaders told Imran Khan that, in the presence of military and intelligence agencies on the soil of Balochistan, there cannot be any meaningful dialogue or discussion on the issue,” The Express Tribune quoted a source privy to the meetings, as saying.
They also reportedly said that Imran was one of the few political leaders that the nationalist leaders are still willing to talk to.
“Mengal, Marri and other leaders conveyed to Imran that … the PTI chairman was amongst those leaders where the trust deficit was at a minimum,” the source added.
The meeting also seems to have spurred Imran to switch his party’s focus from corruption to the Balochistan issue.
On Saturday, the Pakistan Bar Council (PBC) had adopted a hard-hitting resolution condemning the unabated kidnapping of people in Balochistan allegedly by the intelligence agencies.
"This house condemns the abduction of the citizens of Pakistan by the government and its intelligence agencies and for keeping such persons missing and untraced against the due process of law," The Dawn quoted the resolution adopted at the 192nd meeting of the PBC, as saying.
The resolution condemned the torture of missing persons admittedly in the custody of intelligence agencies in a callous manner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price