‘No Baloch talks possible unless Pak military out’
Islamabad: Baloch leaders have told Tehreek-e-Insaf Pakistan (PTI) chief Imran Khan that no talks on situation of Balochistan would be started unless the military was kicked out of the province and abductions of Baloch people allegedly by the intelligence agencies come to an end.
“Baloch leaders told Imran Khan that, in the presence of military and intelligence agencies on the soil of Balochistan, there cannot be any meaningful dialogue or discussion on the issue,” The Express Tribune quoted a source privy to the meetings, as saying.
They also reportedly said that Imran was one of the few political leaders that the nationalist leaders are still willing to talk to.
“Mengal, Marri and other leaders conveyed to Imran that … the PTI chairman was amongst those leaders where the trust deficit was at a minimum,” the source added.
The meeting also seems to have spurred Imran to switch his party’s focus from corruption to the Balochistan issue.
On Saturday, the Pakistan Bar Council (PBC) had adopted a hard-hitting resolution condemning the unabated kidnapping of people in Balochistan allegedly by the intelligence agencies.
"This house condemns the abduction of the citizens of Pakistan by the government and its intelligence agencies and for keeping such persons missing and untraced against the due process of law," The Dawn quoted the resolution adopted at the 192nd meeting of the PBC, as saying.
The resolution condemned the torture of missing persons admittedly in the custody of intelligence agencies in a callous manner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?