`No US `official communication` on bounty for Hafiz Saeed`
Islamabad: Pakistan has not received any
"official communication" from the US about the USD 10 million
bounty offered for Lashkar-e-Taiba founder Hafiz Mohammad
Saeed, Interior Minister Rehman Malik said Tuesday.
"I have learnt from the media that a bounty has been
offered for his head. Basically, we have not received any
official communication from the US or from any other quarter,"
Malik told a TV news channel this evening.
He said he had requested the Foreign Ministry to verify
the report about the US bounty.
"Till there is verification, there is nothing that I can
say officially," he said in response to a question on whether
the government intended to act against Saeed after the
announcement of the bounty under the US Rewards for Justice
Malik said he could not comment on the basis of media
"Let`s see if it is confirmed, then we can ask them (the
US) why this bounty was offered," he said.
The procedure in such matters is for information to be
sent through "diplomatic channels or through the Interpol",
"We have not seen any communication through official
channels (or) diplomatic channels. So I will still insist that
we should wait for the official communication," he added.
Malik`s remarks were the first official reaction to the
bounty offered for Saeed, who now heads the Jamaat-ud-Dawah.
Saeed, accused of masterminding the 2008 Mumbai attacks,
was included by the US among the five most wanted terrorist
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report