Non-stop train to run between Lahore and Karachi
Islamabad: A non-stop train is to run between Lahore and the port city of Karachi on the initiative of a business body, covering the 1,000 km distance in 18 hours.
A delegation of the Lahore Chambers of Commerce and Industry, headed by its president Irfan Qaisar Sheikh, met Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani here Thursday and told him that they had completed all formalities with the railway ministry to run the train from Karachi to Lahore.
The train would operate from December, the Associated Press of Pakistan reported.
The business body said the upgradation of coaches and locomotives was underway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'