Non-stop train to run between Lahore and Karachi
Islamabad: A non-stop train is to run between Lahore and the port city of Karachi on the initiative of a business body, covering the 1,000 km distance in 18 hours.
A delegation of the Lahore Chambers of Commerce and Industry, headed by its president Irfan Qaisar Sheikh, met Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani here Thursday and told him that they had completed all formalities with the railway ministry to run the train from Karachi to Lahore.
The train would operate from December, the Associated Press of Pakistan reported.
The business body said the upgradation of coaches and locomotives was underway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf