Non-stop train to run between Lahore and Karachi
Islamabad: A non-stop train is to run between Lahore and the port city of Karachi on the initiative of a business body, covering the 1,000 km distance in 18 hours.
A delegation of the Lahore Chambers of Commerce and Industry, headed by its president Irfan Qaisar Sheikh, met Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani here Thursday and told him that they had completed all formalities with the railway ministry to run the train from Karachi to Lahore.
The train would operate from December, the Associated Press of Pakistan reported.
The business body said the upgradation of coaches and locomotives was underway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it