Norwegian soldier accidentally kills an Afghan
Oslo: A grenade accidentally set off by a
Norwegian soldier on Wednesday killed one Afghan civilian and injured
another at a police post in northern Afghanistan, the
Norwegian army said.
"Wednesday morning, an accidental blast was fired by a
Norwegian soldier at the headquarters of the Afghan police in
the Almar district in the (northern) province of Faryab," the
army said in a statement.
The army indicated that the accident occurred as
munitions were being loaded into a grenade launcher mounted on
Two employees of a plumbing company doing maintenance
work within the camp were hit by shards of the blast, the
"One person died from his injuries at the scene. The
other was lightly injured and evacuated by helicopter to be
treated in a hospital," near the Norway`s main military base
in Faryab, the statement said.
Norwegian military police will investigate alongside
Afghan police the circumstances surrounding the accident, the
Norway has around 500 military personnel in Afghanistan,
primarily in Kabul and in the north.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed