Norwegian soldier accidentally kills an Afghan
Oslo: A grenade accidentally set off by a
Norwegian soldier on Wednesday killed one Afghan civilian and injured
another at a police post in northern Afghanistan, the
Norwegian army said.
"Wednesday morning, an accidental blast was fired by a
Norwegian soldier at the headquarters of the Afghan police in
the Almar district in the (northern) province of Faryab," the
army said in a statement.
The army indicated that the accident occurred as
munitions were being loaded into a grenade launcher mounted on
Two employees of a plumbing company doing maintenance
work within the camp were hit by shards of the blast, the
"One person died from his injuries at the scene. The
other was lightly injured and evacuated by helicopter to be
treated in a hospital," near the Norway`s main military base
in Faryab, the statement said.
Norwegian military police will investigate alongside
Afghan police the circumstances surrounding the accident, the
Norway has around 500 military personnel in Afghanistan,
primarily in Kabul and in the north.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends