Pak: 9 anti-Taliban militiamen killed in blast
Islamabad: At least nine member of an
anti-militant `lashkar` or militia were killed and four others
injured when a bomb went off in the volatile Khyber tribal
region of northwest Pakistan on Sunday, officials said.
The bomb planted by the roadside was detonated when the
members of the lashkar reached a check post in the remote
Tirah Valley that was earlier manned by militants, officials
The attack was blamed on the Lashkar-e-Islam, a banned
militant group led by Mangal Bagh Afridi.
The militia had recently captured the check post from the
militants following a gunbattle.
Militant groups like the Lashkar-e-Islam and
Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan often target members of private
militias set up to fight the insurgents.
Scores of pro-government tribesmen have been killed in
attacks by the militants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi