Pak aiming at better ties with South Korea: Gilani
Islamabad: Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani has expressed hope that Pakistan`s bilateral relations with South Korea will get impetus following his first ever visit to the country, the Geo News reported.
Gilani is visiting the Republic of Korea to participate in the Seoul Nuclear Security Summit from March 25-28.
The Pakistani Prime Minister is expected to meet a number of CEOs of major Korean companies apart from world leaders.
South Korean Ambassador to Pakistan Choong Joo Choi called on Gilani at the Prime Minister`s House a day ahead of the visit.
During their talks, Gilani said the South Korean companies had a robust investment in Pakistan across a whole spectrum of economic activity.
The Pakistani Prime Minister said in Seoul that an interaction with South Korean companies would encourage them to enhance their engagement and investment, particularly in infrastructure and energy sectors, the Associated Press of Pakistan reported.
He said Pakistan desired to further strengthen and expand relations in political, economic, trade and defence sectors.
The Korean envoy said that companies from his country were interested in investing in different sectors in Pakistan and exchange of delegations at various levels would further cement the existing ties between the two countries.
Pakistan and South Korea would commemorate the 30th anniversary of their diplomatic relations in 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!