Pak aiming at better ties with South Korea: Gilani
Islamabad: Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani has expressed hope that Pakistan`s bilateral relations with South Korea will get impetus following his first ever visit to the country, the Geo News reported.
Gilani is visiting the Republic of Korea to participate in the Seoul Nuclear Security Summit from March 25-28.
The Pakistani Prime Minister is expected to meet a number of CEOs of major Korean companies apart from world leaders.
South Korean Ambassador to Pakistan Choong Joo Choi called on Gilani at the Prime Minister`s House a day ahead of the visit.
During their talks, Gilani said the South Korean companies had a robust investment in Pakistan across a whole spectrum of economic activity.
The Pakistani Prime Minister said in Seoul that an interaction with South Korean companies would encourage them to enhance their engagement and investment, particularly in infrastructure and energy sectors, the Associated Press of Pakistan reported.
He said Pakistan desired to further strengthen and expand relations in political, economic, trade and defence sectors.
The Korean envoy said that companies from his country were interested in investing in different sectors in Pakistan and exchange of delegations at various levels would further cement the existing ties between the two countries.
Pakistan and South Korea would commemorate the 30th anniversary of their diplomatic relations in 2013.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents