Pak awards `Nishan-i-Imtiaz` to Chinese general
Islamabad: Pakistan has awarded a top Chinese
General with Nishan-i-Imtiaz (Military) for promoting
friendship between the two all weather allies.
President Asif Ali Zardari conferred the award on General
Hou Shusen, Deputy Chief of General Staff of Chinese People`s
Liberation Army at a special investiture ceremony held
The citation, read on the occasion, said the award was in
recognition of his "consistent and valuable contributions in
promoting relations and understanding between the two
countries and armies."
Hou also had a meeting with the President, along with his
delegation, and discussed matters relating to Pakistan-China
bilateral relations and defence cooperation.
The President termed China a factor of stability in the
region and said the convergence of interests and unanimity of
views on bilateral, regional and international issues, has
brought the two countries further closer, the state-run
Associated Press of Pakistan news agency said.
Hou assured that defence cooperation between the two
countries, would grow with each passing day.
Pakistan`s Chief of Army Staff Gen Ashfaq Parvez Kayani
was also present during the ceremony.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- LIVE: Jallikattu protests turn violent, vehicles near Ice House Police station set on fire
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP