Pak awards `Nishan-i-Imtiaz` to Chinese general
Islamabad: Pakistan has awarded a top Chinese
General with Nishan-i-Imtiaz (Military) for promoting
friendship between the two all weather allies.
President Asif Ali Zardari conferred the award on General
Hou Shusen, Deputy Chief of General Staff of Chinese People`s
Liberation Army at a special investiture ceremony held
The citation, read on the occasion, said the award was in
recognition of his "consistent and valuable contributions in
promoting relations and understanding between the two
countries and armies."
Hou also had a meeting with the President, along with his
delegation, and discussed matters relating to Pakistan-China
bilateral relations and defence cooperation.
The President termed China a factor of stability in the
region and said the convergence of interests and unanimity of
views on bilateral, regional and international issues, has
brought the two countries further closer, the state-run
Associated Press of Pakistan news agency said.
Hou assured that defence cooperation between the two
countries, would grow with each passing day.
Pakistan`s Chief of Army Staff Gen Ashfaq Parvez Kayani
was also present during the ceremony.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read