Pak cop killed in militant attack on check post
Islamabad: A policeman was killed when suspected militants fired at a check post at Charsadda town located in northwest Pakistan today, officials said.
The incident occurred at Gulo Dheri in Charsadda town of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province this morning.
Constable Azmat Khan was killed instantly while the attackers escaped, police officials said.
No group has claimed responsibility for the attack.
Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa has witnessed a surge in violence by the Taliban, which has offered peace talks to the government but refuses to disarm.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan