Pak cop killed in militant attack on check post
Islamabad: A policeman was killed when suspected militants fired at a check post at Charsadda town located in northwest Pakistan today, officials said.
The incident occurred at Gulo Dheri in Charsadda town of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province this morning.
Constable Azmat Khan was killed instantly while the attackers escaped, police officials said.
No group has claimed responsibility for the attack.
Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa has witnessed a surge in violence by the Taliban, which has offered peace talks to the government but refuses to disarm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Congress demands Sushma Swaraj's resignation over Lalit Modi's job offer to her husband
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident