Pak cop killed in militant attack on check post
Islamabad: A policeman was killed when suspected militants fired at a check post at Charsadda town located in northwest Pakistan today, officials said.
The incident occurred at Gulo Dheri in Charsadda town of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province this morning.
Constable Azmat Khan was killed instantly while the attackers escaped, police officials said.
No group has claimed responsibility for the attack.
Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa has witnessed a surge in violence by the Taliban, which has offered peace talks to the government but refuses to disarm.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Bihar govt's bizarre order: No cooking, yagna between 9 am and 6 pm to avoid fire
- Inhalation therapy, a key to win big against asthma
- HCL Tech Q3 net profit grows 14.4% to Rs 1,926 crore
- Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System (IRNSS): 10 things you must know!
- India will be 'Congress-free' if BJP keeps nation 'drought-free': Sanjay Raut