Pak court given Times Square bomber`s friends list
Islamabad: A list of friends of Faisal Shahzad, the Pakistani-American who attempted to bomb Times Square in New York in May, has been submitted to a court in Pakistan`s Rawalpindi city.
Police informed the Anti-Terrorist Court (ATC) of Judge Malik Muhammad Akram Awan that those named in the list are members of the Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), the News International reported Tuesday.
The court has adjourned hearing of the case till October 26.
A case was registered under the Terrorist Act against Hunmbal Akhtar, Muhammad Shahid and Muhammad Shoiab on September 5, 2010.
Police said that these accused had close contact with Faisal Shahzad and they were in touch with him through the internet. Shahzad`s friends also sent him USD 13,500.
Faqir Muhammad, who was involved in suicide attack in Muzaffarabad, was living in the house of Shazad`s friend Muhammad Shoiab, police said.
A court in the US in early October sentenced Shahzad to life in prison.
Shahzad, 31, was arrested two days after his May 1 attempted bombing with an improvised bomb packed into the back of an SUV.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'