Pak English schools to re-open in Balochistan
Karachi: Private schools and English coaching centres in Pakistan`s troubled Balochistan province were today told to reopen after they were shut following threats from an Islamist militant outfit.
Owners of these schools and coaching centres had been told to reopen their institutions on June 23, said Samiullah, the district police officer of Panjgur district.
"These centres have been closed from the last one month following threats from a militant outfit which is against co-education and western style education," he said.
"We believe this militant outfit is fake but we have also made all arrangements to provide full security to these schools and coaching centres with the assistance of the Frontier Corps in Panjgur," Samiullah said.
The militant outfit called Tanzeem-ul-Islam-ul-Furqan (TIF) warned the English medium schools and coaching centres of dire consequences if they didn`t close the institutions.
A private school teacher and his family members were also gunned down in the area.
Ban on the girls` education is not acceptable, said Brigadier Muhammad Amin, the commandant of Frontier Corps, adding that some miscreants had misused the name of religion.?
The TIF had also issued threatening pamphlets and distributed them in the area.
Armed men had ransacked English learning centres, manhandled teachers and intimidated students particularly girls to stay away from western education which the group said was haram.
Amin said he understood the fears of the school administration, parents and teachers and the tension they suffered for so many days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das