Pak foreign secretary in US to meet top officials
Washington: Pakistan`s Foreign Secretary Salman Bashir has arrived in Washington to hold talks with top US officials on a wide range of bilateral issues and work towards revival of the strategic dialogue which was abruptly postponed amidst the Raymond Davis case last month.
The Special US Representative for Pakistan and Afghanistan, Mark Grossman, would lead the US delegation for the talks with Bashir at the Foggy Bottom headquarters of the State Department.
Conceding that relationship between the US and Pakistan had been a challenging one in recent past, an administration official said that efforts are to improve the working relationship between the two nations, especially in the war against terrorism.
A joint statement is expected to be issued at the end of the meeting, which among others will be attended by the Assistant Secretary of State for South and Central Asia, Robert Blake, and Deputy Secretary of State for Management and Resources Thomas Nides.
"There is realisation that neither country can afford or accept any major problem in the relationship, that the level of trust reached in the last two years is maintained, this relationship has internal strength," Pakistan`s Ambassador to US Husain Haqqani said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016