`Pak fully capable of defending its territorial integrity`
Islamabad: Pakistan is fully capable of
defending its territorial integrity and countering India`s
military preparedness and war doctrine, Defence Minister
Chaudhry Ahmad Mukhtar said on Tuesday.
He made the remarks while talking to reporters after
attending a ceremony at which state-run Pakistan International
Airlines signed an agreement with Boeing to acquire five
Boeing 777 aircraft.
He did not give details.
Mukhtar said these aircraft would enhance the performance
of PIA, which functions under the Defence Ministry.
"Each aircraft is not only 150 million dollars cheaper in
price than our old aircraft but consumes less fuel," he said.
PIA Managing Director Nadeem Yousafzai said with the
signing of the purchase agreement, the airline would start
implementing its plan to replace its old aircraft.
He hoped that after the acquisition of the five aircraft,
over 3,000 additional jobs would be generated.
Yousafzai said Boeing had made an offer to sell five
Boeing 777 aircraft which would be delivered in 2015.
PIA was able to successfully negotiate a deal at a price
that is 13.5 per cent lower than the price of aircraft
delivered in 2008.
Defence Minister Mukhtar and acting US Ambassador Richard
Hoagland exchanged the aircraft purchase documents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India's tour of Zimbabwe and West Indies: BCCI selection committee to announce squads today
- Narendra Modi in Iran: PM invokes India's 'civilisational ties', aims to boost economic, cultural partnership
- IPL 2016, Match 56: Virat Kohli's RCB earn playoffs spot, to face Gujarat Lions in Qualifier 1
- Jorge Lorenzo pips Marc Marquez to Italian MotoGP win
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg celebrates his wedding anniversary in a 'musical' way! - See pic