Pak makes elaborate arrangement for visiting Sikh pilgrims
Islamabad: A large number of Sikh devotees from India and various other countries have arrived in Pakistan to celebrate the 545th birth anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev.
Nankana Sahib, the birthplace of the first Sikh Guru, situated in Pakistan`s Punjab province, is of prime importance to the Sikh community. Guru Nanak Dev was born there in 1469.
Syed Faraz Abbass, the Deputy Secretary Shrines Evacuee Trust Property Board (ETPB), said nearly 2,000 foreigners from countries including US, UK, Canada and France would participate in the pilgrimage for ten days.
He said that Pakistan Sikh Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (PSGPC) and Evacuee Trust Property Board (ETPB) have made elaborate security arrangements for the safety of the visiting Sikh devotees.
Abbas said luggage scanners would be installed at the entrance of Gurudwaras. Additional walk-through gates and surveillance cameras have also been installed at various places where the devotees would perform their rituals.
Abbass said that the pilgrims would perform rituals at Punja Sahib Hassanabdal from November 18 to 20, including Yatra Punja Sahib, Matha Taki and Ashnan. They would also visit shrine of Baba Wali Qandhari at the hilltop and recite from the Sikh holy book, Guru Garanth Sahib.
He said that on November 21, the Sikh pilgrims would board a special pilgrimage train to visit Gurdwara Dera Sahib in Lahore and from there they would return to India on November 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics