Pak military involved in Libya turmoil?
Islamabad: Pakistan has refuted media reports circulating in the Arab media that Pakistan’s military was involved in the current turmoil in Libya.
Pakistan Foreign Office spokesperson Tehmina Janjua emphatically stated that “these were mischievous and totally baseless.”
“There are no (Pakistan) military personnel stationed in Libya, ” the Dawn quoted Janjua, as saying.
Libya has been in the grip of turmoil since anti-Gaddafi protests began on February 15.
Two days later, the government launched a violent crackdown on protesters, with witnesses reporting that mercenaries had been hired to patrol the streets and fire on citizens indiscriminately with machine guns and heavy weapons.
The use of air attacks against civilian targets has also been reported by witnesses and air force personnel who have refused to carry out those orders.
Libyan leader Colonel Muammar Gaddafi even warned in a surprise televised appearance to "burn all of Libya" if the citizens do not cease protests against him.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India