Pak Navy launches new frigate
Islamabad: The Pakistan Navy`s fourth
F22P frigate was launched at a naval shipyard in the southern
port city of Karachi on Thursday.
The vessel is being built indigenously at the Karachi
shipyard with Chinese assistance.
The three other F22P frigates were built in China.
Naval chief Admiral Noman Bashir, who was the chief
guest at the launch, said the event reflected the government`s
policy of attaining self-reliance in maritime defence
The event was also an example of the unparalleled
Pakistan-China relations, he said.
Pakistan will build a strong navy capable of defending
the country`s maritime interests, he said.
"We do not possess any aggressive designs but our sea
trade routes and vast exclusive economic zone and
international energy lines that pass very close to our coast
need to be protected, which is not only in the interest of our
country but of the entire international community," Bashir
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory