Pak Navy launches new frigate
Islamabad: The Pakistan Navy`s fourth
F22P frigate was launched at a naval shipyard in the southern
port city of Karachi on Thursday.
The vessel is being built indigenously at the Karachi
shipyard with Chinese assistance.
The three other F22P frigates were built in China.
Naval chief Admiral Noman Bashir, who was the chief
guest at the launch, said the event reflected the government`s
policy of attaining self-reliance in maritime defence
The event was also an example of the unparalleled
Pakistan-China relations, he said.
Pakistan will build a strong navy capable of defending
the country`s maritime interests, he said.
"We do not possess any aggressive designs but our sea
trade routes and vast exclusive economic zone and
international energy lines that pass very close to our coast
need to be protected, which is not only in the interest of our
country but of the entire international community," Bashir
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'