Pak releases 11 detained Iranian Revolutionary Guards
Islamabad: Pakistan Tuesday released 11 Iranian Revolutionary Guards who had been detained Monday for trespassing into the country`s territory, a media report said.
The guards had been arrested in the Mashkhel area near the border with Iran, the Dawn newspaper reported.
The report quoted the Fars news agency as saying that the group was handed over by the Pakistani army to the Iranian border guards at Mirjaveh border crossing in the Iranian province of Sistan-Baluchestan.
On Oct 18, a suicide bomber killed 42 people, including six Revolutionary Guard commanders, in Iran`s southeastern Sistan-Baluchestan province.
Iran blamed the Sunni rebel group Jundallah (Soldiers of God), which it said was based in Pakistan, and demanded that the government in Islamabad hand over Abdolmalek Rigi, leader of the group.
Islamabad has denied that the attack was launched from its territory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing