Pak SC asks govt for docs against Zardari
Islamabad: The Pakistan Supreme Court has directed the Law Ministry to table before it a new summary concerning the opening of money laundering cases, including the 60 million dollar graft charges pending against President Asif Ali Zardari is Swiss courts.
Continuing the hearing on the case over the implementation of the National Reconciliation Ordinance (NRO) judgement, the apex court observed that the Law Ministry was ‘misguiding’ Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani over the matter.
Justice Raja Fayyaz Ahmed reprimanded the Gilani government for neglecting the court’s decision declaring the amnesty law-NRO as ‘unconstitutional’, saying the issue was heading towards an ‘unpleasant end due to the negligence on part of the government’.
Later, the court adjourned the hearing on the case till the first week of July, The Nation reports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH