Pak steps up security at Afghan border
Peshawar: Pakistan authorities have stepped up security measures along the border with
Afghanistan, particularly at Torkham crossing in Khyber tribal region, due to the law and order situation in the country, an official spokesman said today.
People coming from and going to Afghanistan will be
required to produce legal documents, such as a passport, visa,
a registration card issued for Afghan refugees by Pakistani
authorities or a permit from the local administration, said a
spokesman for the Frontier Corps media cell.
Vehicles carrying goods across the border will be
required to produce relevant documents to custom officials at
Torkham check post, he said.
Those who are unable to produce the required documents
will not be allowed to cross to the other side. Any attempt by
a person to force his way across the frontier will be
considered a "hostile act and dealt with accordingly", the
Any vehicle, group of people or individual found
involved in supplying materials to militants will be
considered a terrorist and dealt accordingly, he said.
Any vehicle or individual found involved in
transporting arms and ammunition will also be treated as a
terrorist, he added.
Pakistani leaders, including Interior Minister Rehman
Malik, have alleged that militants in the country are
receiving weapons, funds and support from Afghanistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past