Pak Taliban says govt impotent in fight to end bloodshed
Islamabad: Pakistan Taliban has blamed the government for lacking powers to end the bloodshed in the country.
The comment came in as Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) took responsibility for increasing number of attacks on security forces to avenge the killing of the group`s deputy chief, Wali-ur-Rehman Mehsud.
Mehsud was killed in the US drone strike in North Waziristan tribal region, along with six other militants, on May 29.
Spokesperson of the TTP, Ehsanullah Ehsan, had announced a day after Mehsud`s death that the group will take revenge, claiming that the Pakistani authorities were sharing information with the US to facilitate drone strikes.
Ehsan, while blaming Pakistan for the bloodshed, said that the Taliban will respond positively when it feels that the government has real powers and takes serious steps towards the peace process.
The Express Tribune reports that TTP took responsibility for the attack on the check post of the Frontier Constabulary (FC) of Urmar Police on the border of Frontier Region Peshawar last night killing six security men.
According to the report, Ehsan also claimed injuring 10 more FC personnel but avoided comments on reports that several security men are missing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!