Pak Taliban welcomes peace declaration offer by All Parties Conference
Islamabad: Pakistani Taliban has welcomed the declaration of an All Parties Conference (APC) called by the Jamiat Ulema-i-Islam – Fazl (JUI-F) for steps to restore peace in the country’s tribal areas.
Mainstream political and religious parties and civil society groups agreed to negotiate peace with the militant group through a broadened tribal jirga earlier formed by JUI-F.
Ehsanullah Ehsan, spokesmen for the banned militant outfit said that ‘the political parties have sent a positive message by excluding the word terrorism from the joint declaration,’ the Dawn reports.
The spokesman, however, said that Pakistani Taliban was still waiting for a “positive response” from the Pakistani military on the offer of peace talks with the militants, the report said.
Ehsan said that Taliban council also respected the gesture of all the political and non-political forces, which have shown confidence in the members of the tribal jirga and have tasked them for holding peace talks.
According to the paper, when asked if the militants were willing to endorse a ceasefire and seize attacks on Pakistani security forces, the spokesman said that it will only begin when we peace talks begin.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere