Pak Taliban welcomes peace declaration offer by All Parties Conference
Islamabad: Pakistani Taliban has welcomed the declaration of an All Parties Conference (APC) called by the Jamiat Ulema-i-Islam – Fazl (JUI-F) for steps to restore peace in the country’s tribal areas.
Mainstream political and religious parties and civil society groups agreed to negotiate peace with the militant group through a broadened tribal jirga earlier formed by JUI-F.
Ehsanullah Ehsan, spokesmen for the banned militant outfit said that ‘the political parties have sent a positive message by excluding the word terrorism from the joint declaration,’ the Dawn reports.
The spokesman, however, said that Pakistani Taliban was still waiting for a “positive response” from the Pakistani military on the offer of peace talks with the militants, the report said.
Ehsan said that Taliban council also respected the gesture of all the political and non-political forces, which have shown confidence in the members of the tribal jirga and have tasked them for holding peace talks.
According to the paper, when asked if the militants were willing to endorse a ceasefire and seize attacks on Pakistani security forces, the spokesman said that it will only begin when we peace talks begin.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read