Pak to approach Interpol for probe into ‘memogate’
Islamabad: Pakistan on Monday said it will
approach Interpol for further probe into the affairs of
`memogate` key figure Pakistani-American businessman Mansoor
Ijaz, and asked the US to take action against him for
violating American laws and making false statements about its
raid that killed Osama bin Laden.
Referring to Ijaz statements in a magazine article that
Pakistan`s top leadership and the former envoy to the US
Husain Haqqani had prior knowledge of the May 2 raid that
killed bin Laden, Interior Minister Rehman Malik said the US
had admitted that the Pakistan government and Haqqani were not
aware about the covert action.
"So, the US must take action against Mansoor Ijaz for
passing false statements", he told reporters after chairing a
meeting at the Interior Ministry this afternoon.
"Pakistan has always been asked to do more but it is time
for the US to take action against the person who is violating
its laws by misguiding the international community," Malik
He also said Ijaz has repeatedly changed his stance on the
All information related to Ijaz has been collected and
Pakistan will approach Interpol for further investigation, he
He suggested the main opposition PML-N should approach the
Supreme Court regarding Ijaz`s action and the government will
extend its support in this regard.
Ijaz recently made public a secret memo that was sent to
the US military after bin Laden was killed in May.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NASA inflates spare room in space
- Bihar Class 10th Result 2016, BSEB 10th Result 2016: Bihar Board Matric Class 10 Results 2016 (biharboard.bih.nic.in) to be declared today on May 29
- Kiran Bedi to assume charge as Lt Governor of Puducherry today
- Trials of Talgo train to commence today: Know more about it
- Cristiano Ronaldo strikes shoot-out winner as Real Madrid crowned kings of Europe