Pak: Would-be suicide attacker blew himself up
Islamabad: A would-be suicide attacker blew himself up after he was surrounded by police in Lower Dir district of northwest Pakistan Wednesday, officials said.
Acting on a tip-off about the presence of some suspicious persons hiding in a maize crop at a village in Lower Dir district of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province, police conducted a search operation in the area.
The would-be suicide attacker blew up the explosive vest strapped to his body after he was surrounded by policemen, a police spokesman said.
There were no casualties among the police, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB