Pakistan arrests 23 Indian fishermen
Islamabad: Pakistani authorities have arrested 23 Indian fishermen and seized four boats for violating the country`s maritime boundary, officials said Tuesday.
The fishermen were detained by the Maritime Security Agency (MSA) during a routine patrol, a spokesman for the agency said.
He said the Indian fishermen and their boats were apprehended for entering deep inside Pakistani waters.
The spokesman said the fishermen had been warned by the Pakistani maritime authority, but they "ignored" the warning.
Pakistani officials insist that the Indian fishermen allegedly continued to intrude into the country`s marine-rich Indus delta region regardless of the livelihood of local fishermen, Xinhua reported.
The MSA handed over the fishermen to police in Karachi for further investigation.
India and Pakistan routinely arrest fishermen on charges of entering each other`s waters as the two nuclear rivals have not yet determined their maritime boundary despite a series of talks on the issue.
On Sunday, Indian officials said that at least 14 Pakistani fishermen were caught and their two boats were seized by the Indian Coast Guard from within the Indian maritime boundary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH