Pakistan blast toll reaches 45
Islamabad: The toll in Pakistan`s Swat region bombing has gone up to 45, a media report said Tuesday, as security agencies arrested 28 people for the attack on the army headquarters in the garrison city of Rawalpindi.
The Shangla suicide attack toll went up to 45 when two more people succumbed to their injuries in district headquarter hospital, Geo TV reported Tuesday.
At least 43 people were killed and 45 others injured Monday in the suicide bomb attack at a crowded market near a convoy of the security forces in Alpuri tehsil, the headquarters of Shangla district.
Three vehicles of the convoy were destroyed, the police said.
Meanwhile, at least 28 suspects have been arrested in connection with the terror strike at the fortified complex of the army headquarter in Rawalpindi Saturday.
Four among the arrested people were members of a family and some others were believed to be Afghan citizens. Those arrested from Lahore were reportedly hailing from Mianwali city in Punjab, Geo TV quoted sources as saying.
Four of them were identified as Kamran Baloch, Ata Baloch, Imran Baloch and Saeed Baloch, sources said.
On Oct 10, terrorists had struck at the army headquarters in Rawalpindi, adjacent to Islamabad. The bloody siege came to an end Sunday after crack commandos stormed the complex, freeing 39 hostages. The leader of the terror group Aqeel alias Dr. Usman was arrested. He is also accused of masterminding the attack on the Sri Lankan cricket team in Lahore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack