Pakistan girl marries an Indian
Islamabad: A Pakistani girl has said "I do"
to an Indian boy in the restive north-western city of Peshawar,
giving a fillip to people-to-people contacts between the two
Syeda Imara, daughter of Pakistani journalist Syed
Shakeel Ahmed, recently married Lucknow-based Mohammad Khalid,
whose family is close to the ruling Congress party of India.
The families of the newly-wed couple want peace between
the two countries.
"I have given my daughter’s hand to an Indian boy with
the hope that people-to-contacts will help improve the
relationship between the two rival countries," Ahmed told the
Daily Times newspaper at a reception hosted in Peshawar Press
Club for the couple.
The bride`s mother, Kishwar Sultana, hoped both countries
will resolve all outstanding issues through dialogue.
"We want a good relationship with the people of Pakistan.
We also want friendship between the two countries," Sultana
Khalid said he felt completely at home in Pakistan. His
brother Sarfaraz admitted he was fearful of crossing the
border, but said he was enjoying his time in Pakistan and did
not feel like a stranger at all.
- Hot alert! Shruti Hassan looks incredibly sexy on the cover of GQ magazine – See pic
- Awwdorable! Salman Khan shares picture of mother Salma and baby Ahil
- Look what Ranveer Singh is doing for ‘Befikre’
- Premier League: Leicester City clinch historic title after Eden Hazard`s stunning late goal vs Tottenham Hotspur
- EPL: Jamie Vardy, Riyad Mahrez and other key players who played major roles in Leicester City`s title success