Pakistan set to be one of most corrupt countries
Islamabad: Pakistan seems to be racing to become one of the most corrupt countries in the world, a media report said on Sunday.
Pakistan surpassed several corrupt nations in a global watchlist last year. A report on corruption in Pakistan is to be released by Transparency International on Tuesday.
Sources in the World Bank and Asian Development Bank, which help prepare the Transparency International report, told The News that there has been a huge increase in corruption in Pakistan in the past 12 months.
One source said: "It seems the country (Pakistan) is fast racing to become number one on the list of the most corrupt nations."
The 2009 report of the Transparency International`s Corruption Perceptions Index (CPI) 2009 showed 2.4 as Pakistan`s score. Out of 180 countries, Pakistan was ranked 42 in the list of most corrupt nations.
International bodies have been advising Pakistan that it has to enforce good governance and transparent administration to counter corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Serena Williams, Andy Murray cruise at rain-lashed Wimbledon
- 262 new faunal species discovered in India in 2015: Official
- No friction between Army, CRPF over Pampore operations: Northern Command
- Pakistan cannot 'conquer' Kashmir through war: Hina Rabbani Khar
- Militant killed in J&K encounter in Lolab area