Pakistan set to be one of most corrupt countries
Islamabad: Pakistan seems to be racing to become one of the most corrupt countries in the world, a media report said on Sunday.
Pakistan surpassed several corrupt nations in a global watchlist last year. A report on corruption in Pakistan is to be released by Transparency International on Tuesday.
Sources in the World Bank and Asian Development Bank, which help prepare the Transparency International report, told The News that there has been a huge increase in corruption in Pakistan in the past 12 months.
One source said: "It seems the country (Pakistan) is fast racing to become number one on the list of the most corrupt nations."
The 2009 report of the Transparency International`s Corruption Perceptions Index (CPI) 2009 showed 2.4 as Pakistan`s score. Out of 180 countries, Pakistan was ranked 42 in the list of most corrupt nations.
International bodies have been advising Pakistan that it has to enforce good governance and transparent administration to counter corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir