Pakistan set to be one of most corrupt countries
Islamabad: Pakistan seems to be racing to become one of the most corrupt countries in the world, a media report said on Sunday.
Pakistan surpassed several corrupt nations in a global watchlist last year. A report on corruption in Pakistan is to be released by Transparency International on Tuesday.
Sources in the World Bank and Asian Development Bank, which help prepare the Transparency International report, told The News that there has been a huge increase in corruption in Pakistan in the past 12 months.
One source said: "It seems the country (Pakistan) is fast racing to become number one on the list of the most corrupt nations."
The 2009 report of the Transparency International`s Corruption Perceptions Index (CPI) 2009 showed 2.4 as Pakistan`s score. Out of 180 countries, Pakistan was ranked 42 in the list of most corrupt nations.
International bodies have been advising Pakistan that it has to enforce good governance and transparent administration to counter corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH