Pakistan set to be one of most corrupt countries
Islamabad: Pakistan seems to be racing to become one of the most corrupt countries in the world, a media report said on Sunday.
Pakistan surpassed several corrupt nations in a global watchlist last year. A report on corruption in Pakistan is to be released by Transparency International on Tuesday.
Sources in the World Bank and Asian Development Bank, which help prepare the Transparency International report, told The News that there has been a huge increase in corruption in Pakistan in the past 12 months.
One source said: "It seems the country (Pakistan) is fast racing to become number one on the list of the most corrupt nations."
The 2009 report of the Transparency International`s Corruption Perceptions Index (CPI) 2009 showed 2.4 as Pakistan`s score. Out of 180 countries, Pakistan was ranked 42 in the list of most corrupt nations.
International bodies have been advising Pakistan that it has to enforce good governance and transparent administration to counter corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued