Pakistan Tehrik-i-Insaf says no enmity with Taliban
Islamabad: The coming provincial government was ready to hold talks with the outlawed Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) militants, Pakistan Tehrik-i-Insaf (PTI) senior leader has said.
Pervez Khattak, who is soon-to-be Chief Minister of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, said that they have no enmity with the Taliban.
The PTI central Secretary General said the Taliban were also Pakistanis and requested the militant group to hold peace talks and work for peace in the region, Dawn News reports.
He appealed to the Taliban that they were not at war with them and hoped that they will work for the peace of the province, which was even theirs.
Khattak also said that they should be given a chance to settle the problem, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- Video of Hizbul Mujahideen militant threatening cops surfaces in Srinagar