Pakistan to induct three F-16 fighter planes
Islamabad: Three more F-16 fighter jets will be inducted in the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) Saturday, officials said.
Defence officials Friday said that in the first phase the US would hand over three F-16 Block 52 C fighter jets to Pakistan that would be equipped with latest weapons and technology. Pakistani pilots would fly the three F-16 fighter jets from America.
The US will formally hand over these jets at a ceremony to be held Sunday, Online news agency reported.
In the second phase five F-16 fighter jets would be handed over to Pakistan in one and a half month. Overall a total of 18 fighter jets would be inducted in the PAF fleet by this year end.
The officials said talks are on with US authorities for another 15 F-16 jets. After the induction of 18 jets, the PAF fleet of F-16s would swell to 63.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video