Pakistan to induct three F-16 fighter planes
Islamabad: Three more F-16 fighter jets will be inducted in the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) Saturday, officials said.
Defence officials Friday said that in the first phase the US would hand over three F-16 Block 52 C fighter jets to Pakistan that would be equipped with latest weapons and technology. Pakistani pilots would fly the three F-16 fighter jets from America.
The US will formally hand over these jets at a ceremony to be held Sunday, Online news agency reported.
In the second phase five F-16 fighter jets would be handed over to Pakistan in one and a half month. Overall a total of 18 fighter jets would be inducted in the PAF fleet by this year end.
The officials said talks are on with US authorities for another 15 F-16 jets. After the induction of 18 jets, the PAF fleet of F-16s would swell to 63.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery