Pakistan to induct three F-16 fighter planes
Islamabad: Three more F-16 fighter jets will be inducted in the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) Saturday, officials said.
Defence officials Friday said that in the first phase the US would hand over three F-16 Block 52 C fighter jets to Pakistan that would be equipped with latest weapons and technology. Pakistani pilots would fly the three F-16 fighter jets from America.
The US will formally hand over these jets at a ceremony to be held Sunday, Online news agency reported.
In the second phase five F-16 fighter jets would be handed over to Pakistan in one and a half month. Overall a total of 18 fighter jets would be inducted in the PAF fleet by this year end.
The officials said talks are on with US authorities for another 15 F-16 jets. After the induction of 18 jets, the PAF fleet of F-16s would swell to 63.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?