Pakistan to induct three F-16 fighter planes
Islamabad: Three more F-16 fighter jets will be inducted in the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) Saturday, officials said.
Defence officials Friday said that in the first phase the US would hand over three F-16 Block 52 C fighter jets to Pakistan that would be equipped with latest weapons and technology. Pakistani pilots would fly the three F-16 fighter jets from America.
The US will formally hand over these jets at a ceremony to be held Sunday, Online news agency reported.
In the second phase five F-16 fighter jets would be handed over to Pakistan in one and a half month. Overall a total of 18 fighter jets would be inducted in the PAF fleet by this year end.
The officials said talks are on with US authorities for another 15 F-16 jets. After the induction of 18 jets, the PAF fleet of F-16s would swell to 63.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'