Pakistan woman legislator throws shoe at colleague
Lahore: Upset over her colleagues` vulgar remarks, a Pakistani woman legislator threw a shoe at opposition lawmaker in the Assembly in Punjab province, compelling the Speaker to suspend both of them.
Seemal Kamran, a member of the opposition PML-Q, and Shaikh Allauddin, a member of the treasury benches, were both suspended because of their actions within the Assembly.
Kamran had thrown a shoe at Allauddin after he made vulgar remarks against women opposition lawmakers yesterday.
Both legislators were informed at the gate of the assembly this morning that the Speaker had barred them from entering the House till the conclusion of the ongoing budget session.
Kamran refused to accept the order and insisted on going inside the Assembly.
She and other women lawmakers of the PML-Q and Pakistan People`s Party tried to break the security cordon created by the assembly staff.
After a struggle that lasted over three hours, Kamran fainted and was taken to the Services Hospital for first aid.
Kamran has been at the forefront in the assembly in targeting the PML-N government led by Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif.
She has criticised Sharif for allegedly patronising protests across Punjab province against power outages.
Protesters backed by the PML-N have attacked the homes of PPP and PMLQ leaders and damaged public and private property.
During yesterday’s session, Allauddin, a close associate of Sharif, used abusive language against Kamran and her colleagues.
Today, the opposition protested Allauddin`s behaviour and demanded that he should apologise for his remarks.
However, the treasury benches blamed "uncontrollable women" legislators from the opposition for disrupting proceedings in the House.
There were heated exchanges between the two sides and legislators from the treasury and opposition benches, including women, scuffled within the Assembly.
Footage on television showed lawmakers flinging papers are each other while some women legislators ripped off the shirt of a male lawmaker.
Leader of Opposition Raja Riaz, a senior leader of the PPP, said attacks by mobs on the homes of opposition members showed that the recent protests were being used as an opportunity to persecute political opponents.
"It also reflects the mindset of the PML-N’s leadership," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'