Pakistani cable TV blocks BBC over documentary
Karachi: The president of Pakistan`s cable TV
association says operators have blocked BBC World News because
of a documentary critical of the country`s commitment to
fighting Islamist militants.
Khalid Arain says the decision was implemented today
after the network showed the documentary, "Secret Pakistan,"
on November 23.
The BBC says on its website that the two-part documentary
explores accusations by CIA officials and western diplomats
that Pakistan is failing to live up to its commitments in the
war on terror.
The US and other countries have criticised Pakistan for
refusing to target Afghan insurgents using its territory to
attack NATO troops in Afghanistan.
Tensions are especially high after NATO airstrikes
accidentally killed 24 Pakistani soldiers Saturday.
- Australian state Parliament evacuated over suspicious package
- Stop spending money on festivities; focus on education, healthcare: RSS to temples
- Sensex tanks over 200 points on rout in Japan; Nifty below 7,800-mark
- 7th Pay Commission: Govt employees to get higher pay scales than recommended earlier
- AgustaWestland case: Former Air Chief SP Tyagi appears before CBI for questioning