Pakistani politicians` houses attacked
Islamabad: A mob of more than 100 people, carrying sticks and stones, attacked the residences of a minister and a Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) leader in Punjab province, a media report said on Monday.
The protestors attacked the homes of Punjab`s Zakat Minister Malik Nadeem Kamran and the PPP`s Sahiwal district president Zaki Chaudhry in Sahiwal city, Dawn News reported.
They damaged three private vehicles and furniture at the Benazir Public Secretariat and also broke windowpanes of several houses.
Both Kamran and Chaudhry were not present at their houses at the time of the attack Sunday.
The mob also stopped a car during the protest, but the driver took out a gun and fired in the air. This infuriated the protestors who beat him up and his two companions and damaged his vehicle.
Police rescued the three people and took them to hospital.
The zakat minister works under the ministry of religious affairs, which is responsible for pilgrimages to places outside Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?