Pakistani politicians` houses attacked
Islamabad: A mob of more than 100 people, carrying sticks and stones, attacked the residences of a minister and a Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) leader in Punjab province, a media report said on Monday.
The protestors attacked the homes of Punjab`s Zakat Minister Malik Nadeem Kamran and the PPP`s Sahiwal district president Zaki Chaudhry in Sahiwal city, Dawn News reported.
They damaged three private vehicles and furniture at the Benazir Public Secretariat and also broke windowpanes of several houses.
Both Kamran and Chaudhry were not present at their houses at the time of the attack Sunday.
The mob also stopped a car during the protest, but the driver took out a gun and fired in the air. This infuriated the protestors who beat him up and his two companions and damaged his vehicle.
Police rescued the three people and took them to hospital.
The zakat minister works under the ministry of religious affairs, which is responsible for pilgrimages to places outside Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal