Pakistani woman beaten for taking shortcut through field
Islamabad: A woman in Pakistan`s Punjab province was beaten and tortured after she tried to take a shortcut through a local landlord`s field without his permission, a media report said on Saturday.
Nasreen Elahi, a mother of two and a resident of Kuks village near Uch Sharif, owns a small piece of land herself. After working on her field, she decided to take a shortcut through her neighbour`s lands on her way back home, but was attacked on the way.
Nasreen was beaten with sticks and attacked with scythes, police said.
"I did my work for the day and while I was headed home I decided to take a shorter route through the fields. Four men attacked me and I could barely see a thing because it was late evening. I don`t remember what happened afterwards. I woke up in the hospital," Nasreen was quoted as saying by the Express Tribune.
The land is owned by a local landlord named Saleem. A case has been lodged against Saleem, who is now on the run.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Know why sex loses its steam in couples