Pakistani woman beaten for taking shortcut through field
Islamabad: A woman in Pakistan`s Punjab province was beaten and tortured after she tried to take a shortcut through a local landlord`s field without his permission, a media report said on Saturday.
Nasreen Elahi, a mother of two and a resident of Kuks village near Uch Sharif, owns a small piece of land herself. After working on her field, she decided to take a shortcut through her neighbour`s lands on her way back home, but was attacked on the way.
Nasreen was beaten with sticks and attacked with scythes, police said.
"I did my work for the day and while I was headed home I decided to take a shorter route through the fields. Four men attacked me and I could barely see a thing because it was late evening. I don`t remember what happened afterwards. I woke up in the hospital," Nasreen was quoted as saying by the Express Tribune.
The land is owned by a local landlord named Saleem. A case has been lodged against Saleem, who is now on the run.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'