Permission mandatory for using military uniform in SL media
Colombo: Sri Lankan actors will now need
permission of Defence Ministry for donning military uniform
while portraying role of a security person in movies,
television serials and other media.
The move aims to standardise the use of military
uniforms, the ministry said in a statement.
"The rules and regulations regarding the use of the
uniform have been already imposed," the Defence Ministry said.
"Any person or organisation going against this
procedure would be liable to be prosecuted," it added.
However, the use of visuals in news telecasts of
security personnel in uniform will be allowed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed