PIA flight full, so two get seats in loo instead
Islamabad: The plane was full but the toilet wasn`t. So, throwing all rules and caution to the wind, a Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) captain blithely decided to accommodate two passengers in the toilet of the Lahore-Karachi flight instead.
The incident took place on a flight from Lahore to Karachi due to non-availability of seats, Geo News said on Wednesday, adding tongue in cheek that the national carrier was introducing "its amazing new service for its valued passengers".
The captain of flight PK 303 accommodated two passengers in the aircraft toilet, as all the seats in the plane were occupied.
In December last year, Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani had rejected a business plan submitted by the management of the country`s floundering national carrier.
Gilani said that being a commercial entity, an organisation like PIA had to work out a strategy to overcome its difficulties, make up for the losses and provide satisfactory service to its passengers.
The proposed restructuring plan includes corporate governance, financial restructuring, operational restructuring and marketing.
The Prime Minister had issued a stern warning to the PIA in November.
He had said: "Business as usual is unacceptable."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez