PIA flight full, so two get seats in loo instead
Islamabad: The plane was full but the toilet wasn`t. So, throwing all rules and caution to the wind, a Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) captain blithely decided to accommodate two passengers in the toilet of the Lahore-Karachi flight instead.
The incident took place on a flight from Lahore to Karachi due to non-availability of seats, Geo News said on Wednesday, adding tongue in cheek that the national carrier was introducing "its amazing new service for its valued passengers".
The captain of flight PK 303 accommodated two passengers in the aircraft toilet, as all the seats in the plane were occupied.
In December last year, Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani had rejected a business plan submitted by the management of the country`s floundering national carrier.
Gilani said that being a commercial entity, an organisation like PIA had to work out a strategy to overcome its difficulties, make up for the losses and provide satisfactory service to its passengers.
The proposed restructuring plan includes corporate governance, financial restructuring, operational restructuring and marketing.
The Prime Minister had issued a stern warning to the PIA in November.
He had said: "Business as usual is unacceptable."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- India needs $1.5 trillion for infrastructure development: Arun Jaitley
- IIFA 2016: Why should girls have all the fun? Ranveer-Fawad-Karan shoot up dapper quotient
- Salman Khan flaunting his biceps in new 'Sultan' still will leave you flabbergasted! - View pic
- 'Bajirao Mastani': Priyanka Chopra congratulates Sanjay Leela Bhansali for 'Best Director' award at IIFA 2016!
- WATCH: HILARIOUS! Chris Gayle goes berserk as Portugal pip Croatia in Euro 2016