PIA plane crash lands at Muscat Airport, passengers unhurt
Dubai: All 108 passenger on board the Pakistan International Airlines plane had a miraculous escape today when the aircraft crash-landed at the Muscat International Airport due to a technical fault in landing gear.
"All the 108 passengers and crew are safe," Bashiruddin Khan, PIA country Manager in Muscat said.
The Boeing 737 aircraft was coming from Sialkot when it crash-landed.
The aircraft landed tilting on the left and the landing gear on the left of aircraft appears to have broken, Gulf News reported.
The airstrip was closed after the incident.
Khan said that the same aircraft was to return with the passengers to Sialkot.
"We will have to make alternate arrangements for them," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Thanks to natural forces, Antarctic temperature falls! But it's temporary
- I wanted to bat in the top seven for a long time, reveals Ravichandran Ashwin
- Ugly spat: Renuka Chowdhury reacts to Harsimrat Kaur's 'Kachra' allegation, calls it 'cheap political drama'
- Three suspects arrested in Florida for trying to join terror group ISIS
- PM Modi pays tribute to Chandra Shekhar Azad, Bal Gangadhar Tilak on birth anniversaries