Policeman killed in Pak blast
Peshawar: A policeman was killed and another
injured when a security vehicle was targeted with a roadside
bomb in the suburbs of this northwestern Pakistani city on Sunday.
The improvised explosive device went off in Sarband area
when the police van was passing by, officials said, adding the
vehicle was severely damaged in the attack.
The blast left a policeman dead and another injured, they
said. The injured policeman was rushed to a nearby hospital.
Security forces cordoned off the area and launched a
No group claimed responsibility for the blast.
Several recent blasts in Peshawar and its surrounding
areas have targeted police vehicles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions