Prachanda, Koirala discuss formation of national unity govt
Kathmandu: With just two days of the fresh deadline given by the Nepalese President to form a national unity government remaining, Maoist chief Prachanda and Nepali Congress President Sushil Koirala on Saturday held another round of talks in an attempt to sort out difference on key issues.
During the meeting held at Prachanda`s residence at Lazimpat in the outskirt of Kathmandu, both the leaders discussed issues including formation of a national government, conducting fresh election and constitution drafting, according to sources.
The meeting comes after President Ram Baran Yadav on December 13 gave five more days to all major political parties to strike a deal, the third such extension to the original November 29 deadline.
The national unity government will replace the Maoist-led caretaker government.
Nepal has been facing a political crisis since May as the Constituent Assembly was dissolved without drafting a new statute and the fresh poll could not be held as promised by Prime Minister Baburam Bhattarai by November 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report