Prachanda, Koirala discuss formation of national unity govt
Kathmandu: With just two days of the fresh deadline given by the Nepalese President to form a national unity government remaining, Maoist chief Prachanda and Nepali Congress President Sushil Koirala on Saturday held another round of talks in an attempt to sort out difference on key issues.
During the meeting held at Prachanda`s residence at Lazimpat in the outskirt of Kathmandu, both the leaders discussed issues including formation of a national government, conducting fresh election and constitution drafting, according to sources.
The meeting comes after President Ram Baran Yadav on December 13 gave five more days to all major political parties to strike a deal, the third such extension to the original November 29 deadline.
The national unity government will replace the Maoist-led caretaker government.
Nepal has been facing a political crisis since May as the Constituent Assembly was dissolved without drafting a new statute and the fresh poll could not be held as promised by Prime Minister Baburam Bhattarai by November 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love