Prachanda, Koirala discuss formation of national unity govt
Kathmandu: With just two days of the fresh deadline given by the Nepalese President to form a national unity government remaining, Maoist chief Prachanda and Nepali Congress President Sushil Koirala on Saturday held another round of talks in an attempt to sort out difference on key issues.
During the meeting held at Prachanda`s residence at Lazimpat in the outskirt of Kathmandu, both the leaders discussed issues including formation of a national government, conducting fresh election and constitution drafting, according to sources.
The meeting comes after President Ram Baran Yadav on December 13 gave five more days to all major political parties to strike a deal, the third such extension to the original November 29 deadline.
The national unity government will replace the Maoist-led caretaker government.
Nepal has been facing a political crisis since May as the Constituent Assembly was dissolved without drafting a new statute and the fresh poll could not be held as promised by Prime Minister Baburam Bhattarai by November 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE:CM Fadnavis thanks people of Maharashtra for 'huge' victory as BJP clinches 81 seats; Shiv Sena 84
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Big setback for Shiv Sena as BJP bags 81 seats in BMC
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway