Prachanda, Koirala discuss formation of national unity govt
Kathmandu: With just two days of the fresh deadline given by the Nepalese President to form a national unity government remaining, Maoist chief Prachanda and Nepali Congress President Sushil Koirala on Saturday held another round of talks in an attempt to sort out difference on key issues.
During the meeting held at Prachanda`s residence at Lazimpat in the outskirt of Kathmandu, both the leaders discussed issues including formation of a national government, conducting fresh election and constitution drafting, according to sources.
The meeting comes after President Ram Baran Yadav on December 13 gave five more days to all major political parties to strike a deal, the third such extension to the original November 29 deadline.
The national unity government will replace the Maoist-led caretaker government.
Nepal has been facing a political crisis since May as the Constituent Assembly was dissolved without drafting a new statute and the fresh poll could not be held as promised by Prime Minister Baburam Bhattarai by November 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert