Prachanda may discuss middle-path with Koirala in Singapore
Kathmandu: Nepal is abuzz with speculation
over Prachanda`s sudden visit to Singapore, where he will meet
an ailing G P Koirala, with a report saying the Maoist chief`s
meeting with the Nepali Congress President may be aimed at
finding a "middle-path" to end the political impasse.
Though described as a personal trip, Prachanda`s visit to
Singapore comes at a crucial time, with the Maoists` deadline
to the government for meeting their demands set to expire on
According to Prachanda`s aides, his visit was aimed at
attending pre-scheduled meetings with his party`s supporters
in the city state. Prachanda told newsmen yesterday that he
would also meet Koirala, who is undergoing treatment there.
The 86-year-old, suffering from pneumonia and having low
oxygen level in the blood, was taken to Singapore on Saturday.
The Maoists have locked horn with the government over
President Ram Baran Yadav`s move to reinstate the Army chief
sacked by Prachanda and has served an ultimatum demanding
restoration of "civilian supremacy" and for allowing a
debate on the President`s move in the Parliament.
Political observers argue that Prachanda might have gone
to Singapore to seek Koirala`s support for an alternative to
the CPN-UML-led government.
The Rajdhani Daily said Prachanda and Koirala, whose
parties are locked in a political struggle, might discuss
finding a "middle-path" to end the current political deadlock.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark